Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Letter to Madelin

My Dear Baby Girl, Madelin,

Words cannot begin to express how joyous I am that you are here. With your 1st birthday fast approaching I cannot stop myself from getting emotional when I think about how different things could have turned out.

When you came into the world on November 6th, 2007 you didn't take your first breath. But I look at you now and you are healthy, happy and the sweetest gift your Dad and I have ever received.

We want to make YOUR 1st and very special birthday,
"A BIRTHDAY TO GIVE BACK".

We have chosen the Royal Columbian Foundation. If it wasn’t for the grace of God, the Royal Columbian Hospital and expertise of its caring and professional staff, you would not be here with us today. Like most hospitals, they are in desperate need of equipment and we hope to raise as much money as possible towards a Co-Bedding Crib by December 31st, 2008. This crib enables twins and triplets to be cared for together in one crib, which is essential for their development.

The cost of this equipment is $8,165.00. Rather than throwing a big 1st Birthday party for you, we are making a donation. I will kindly ask friends, relatives and anyone else who may view this, to consider making a donation in your honour as well.

Spending the first day of your life in the ICU re-affirmed for us how fragile and precious life is and that even the smallest of us must fight for it. We then realized how fortunate and truly blessed we are and that without quality healthcare and equipment some babies would never get to go home with their parents.

It is my personal hope that people who see this letter will pass it along to as many people as possible so that they too can consider making a donation. There is no donation too small, and every dollar counts and makes a difference. We are truly grateful for any consideration anyone may give to this cause. If this letter inspires just one other person to make her baby's 1st a "First to Give Back Birthday", then it will have exceeded all hopes and expectations.

Madelin, I am so thankful for you and I love you with all my heart,

Mommy

To make a donation through Canada Helps, a safe and secure website, please click here.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I just read this in the local paper .Madelin looks amazing a year later.

Karen said...

Hi Melinda,

You don't know me, but I am a former neighbor and nanny of the Fabbro's. My husband and I live in New West and saw the article, I knew right away that Madelin was a Fabbro baby, wow she looks just like Mindy did. We have had experiences with NICU's in Children's and Surrey Hospitals as 3 of my great-nephews were in them and are supporters of both. Glad to hear that Madelin is doing well, as are my great-nephews Jordan now 6 and twins Jared & Jayden, now 2.

M-Elle said...

Hi Melinda,

I posted a little blurb up on my blog over at http://cookinguncooking-m-elle.blogspot.com/2008/10/1st-to-give-back.html

I haven't been very active on my site lately, but I'll make a point of posting my weekly post from now on with reminders to check out your blog and donate.

All the best,
Michelle

Mr.Party Pack said...

Hi Melinda,

My daughter noticed your efforts today in Cafe News.

I may be able to offer you a large amount of help creating awareness to a vast amount of mothers.

I am the Founder of "YOUR CHILDREN CHARITIES' PARTY STORE" that raises awareness and funds for Vancouver Children Charities.

I can include your fund raising efforts in our Store Opening in The West Coast Families Magazine, Dec/Jan Issue. You efforts can easily become an important topic of conversation among the over 110,000 West Coast Families Readers and among the tens of thousands of Guest at our thousands of Perfect Baby Showers and Perfect Parties in the Lower Mainland.

You will be presented among the most respected charities and Youth Activity Non-Profits in Vancouver,

Please contact me so, we all may help you at

childrencharities@perfectpartybycody.com

Thank You

Paul